Thursday, September 21, 2017

from Oh to Why

It's a job that's taken longer than I'd hoped or dreamed it might, but the old four-drawer file cabinet is finally cleared out.

Part of the reason it took so long is that I seemed compelled to look at too many papers. It was as if I simply had to read what had once seemed so important.

As it turns out, some of those papers turned out to be keepers, including this little set from what once filled the bottom drawer. As you might guess, one of the strangest set of clippings captured all the wariness that accompanied Y2K. Lucky us, the world didn't end, didn't even seem to feel a bump in the road.

Even though the actual point of equinox doesn't happen until tomorrow, having that cabinet cleared out feels like a good way to begin the new season, the stepping-off point to who knows where.

2 comments:

Janet Vickers said...

Like. I have fantasies of cleaning out my cupboards one day.

hg said...

Cupboards aren't too bad here. Possibly because I break things (just the other night, a favourite wine glass). Next stop here for reorganizing/sorting/tossing will either be freezer(s) or closet. Maybe neither.