Friday, April 01, 2011

Celebrating National Poetry Month!

Because I won't be in Canada this National Poetry Month, I won't be participating in any readings or other events.

So, I'm having an alternate celebration. My plan is to leave a book every day -- a book of Canadian poetry, or an issue of a Canadian magazine that focuses on poetry. Before we left, I filled up a bag with duplicate copies and other finds I gathered around the house.

I'm inscribing each book with a little note about Poetry Month, and including the address so people can visit the League of Canadian Poets' website to learn more.

Because the theme of this year's celebration is "Nourish/Nourrire" it seemed appropriate to start with a collection called Eating the Seed.

What will you do to celebrate National Poetry Month? But first, take a look at how I get to celebrate my birthday.

No comments: