Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Gone to ground

Even though there are a few hours remaining in summer -- technically, it won't be autumn until 8:09 PDT this evening -- there's a definite bite of fall in the air.

In keeping with the season, it's been a day for doing things that tie in with the change.

For one thing, there's a new template for this blog. Not sure how long I'll keep it, but it seems to be appropriate for my autumny mood.

For another, it's the day the tent finally came down. No more sleeping out. Time to pack it away for next year's camping adventures (even if this year, those were all in the 'wilderness' of our foresty yard).

It's also the day the garlics go back into the ground, so they can hunker down over the winter, readying themselves to raise their heads into the sunlight of 2011. Nestled in beside the oregano and rosemary, another couple of tough-minded neighbours who should make it through the winter, they'll even have companionship over the long cold months ahead.

2 comments:

daniela elza said...

I like the new look, Heidi. There is more light, and a mild kind of light. Easier to on the eyes, I think.
Funny I thought something was different, but my mind did not register until you mentioned it.

hg said...

Glad you like the new look. Kind of weird, but today is also the day I go to see Amber, my friend with the magical shampoo that always seems to brighten up my hair so nicely.
; )